The T Mobile marketing and media challenge was to identify new franchise prospects to attend seminars in New York and Boston, with a minimal budget outlay above the direct marketing plan.
A great deal of lifestyle research was done in order to narrow in on where this business elite target audience spent their leisure time. In New York, along with running print ads in appropriate publications, we made deals with Madison Square Garden to drop T Mobile brochures in their luxury suites. In Boston, along with local print ads, we ran a radio schedule on stations with a specific business class audience (Classic Hits and News/Talk formats).
– Draw business professionals to franchising seminars in New York, Boston, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., in order to attract potential franchisors
– Direct marketing is a typical tool at such seminars, and we needed to find out ways to widen the net through other forms of media, with minimum outlay
– Researched where a highly-specific demographic of successful, business-savvy individuals, who may be interested in the idea of owning their own business, and reached out to them through these media outlets to draw them to the events
– Used traditional advertising forms and non-traditional media unique to each city, in order to attract the attention of this business elite, where and when they are most susceptible and open to the client’s message
• In New York, along with running print advertisements in appropriate publications, we made a deal with Madison Square Garden to execute Luxury Suite Drops (T-Mobile collateral placed in each suite)
• In Boston, along with running appropriate print advertisements, we ran a schedule with local radio stations with a specific target of business professionals (Classic Hits and News/Talk)